We are seeking a creative and passionate Game Designer to join our team. You would be working on our core title - Engines of Fury. Your main responsibilities would involve working closely with the development team to design engaging gameplay mechanics, levels and system balance. You should have a strong understanding of modern RPG mechanics and trends, player experience, and be able to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team to create fun and immersive experiences.
- Create and maintain detailed design documentation.
- Balance game systems to ensure playing feels fair and rewarding.
- Playtest and iterate on new experimental features.
- Work with artists and developers to ensure game design goals are fulfilled to the best of the team’s capabilities.
- Work with producers to ensure project deadlines are met and deliverables are of high quality.
- Bachelor's degree in game design or related field.
- Strong understanding of game mechanics, level design, and player experience.
- Experience in game development, with a minimum of 2 years as a game designer.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and outside the box.
- Passion for games and game development.
- Experience with Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Experience working with spreadsheet software (Google Sheet, Microsoft Excel).
- Understanding of game scripting languages (e.g. Lua, C#).
- Knowledge of game analytics tools (e.g. Unity Analytics, Google Analytics).
- Experience in PC game development.
- Understanding of the current PC/console market and design trends.
If you are passionate about game development and want to be part of a dynamic and creative team, we encourage you to apply for this position. Please submit your LinkedIn profile and portfolio showcasing your previous work in game design.