We are looking for a mid to senior Backend Developer to join the Engines of Fury project. You would be working together with a team of artists, game designers, Unity developers, sound engineers and other people towards building the first ever Web 3.0 post-apocalyptic 3D MOBA-RPG. As a Backend Developer you would be in charge of creating and maintaining a microservice-based system that is going to provide game logic to players worldwide.
- MongoDB + Mongoose
- Kubernetes + Docker
Depending on your experience, qualifications and interests the exact responsibilities might vary from low-level programming tasks all the way to analysing and documenting high-level business requirements and work planning.
- Design, implement and test technical solutions that address business requirements.
- Investigate and fix software issues.
- Configure and maintain infrastructure - code repositories, CI/CD pipelines, project runtime resources, database clusters.
- Analyse unstructured business requirements and prepare structured technical requirements and development tasks.
- Prepare, document and communicate high-level system and software architecture.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Decent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical thinking skills.
- Independence and ability to make decisions and take ownership.
- Working knowledge of databases, preferrably document-oriented ones, e.g. MongoDB.
- Working knowledge of unit and integration testing.
- Understanding of basic clean code principles.
- Working knowledge of basic web application engineering concepts - HTTP, REST, message queues, SSL, horizontal scalability, load balancing, authentication, etc.
- Working knowledge of standard development tools and practices - source control, work management patterns and software, documentation software, code quality software, code reviews.
- Basic understanding of distributed systems and containerization (Docker).
- Expert knowledge of any of the above skills - the more the better.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes.
- Working knowledge of Blockchain technologies.
- Proficiency in software engineering and distributed systems architecture (microservices).
- Intermediate business analysis skills.
If you are passionate about game development and want to be part of a dynamic and creative team, we encourage you to apply for this position. Please submit your LinkedIn profile and portfolio showcasing your previous work in game development if you have any.